Of course you do!
HOW TO FREEZE AVOCADO HALVES
- Slice the avocado in half, peel and seed. Brush the avocado halves with a bit of lemon juice and wrap them tightly in a clingy plastic wrap**. Don’t leave any room for air – this means the plastic wrap should cling into the curve where the seed was.
- Place the plastic wrapped avocado halves into a large freezer safe zip tight bag. Once you have all your wrapped avocados in the freezer safe bag, press out all the air, zip it closed, and place the avocado halves in the freezer.
- Remove each one whenever you’re ready to use it, let it thaw, and enjoy!
bonus: If you have a food prep or vacuum sealing machine that pulls all the air out of the seal, your prep is even easier! You can skip the clingy plastic wrap step.
HOW TO FREEZE MASHED AVOCADOS
- Place your scooped avocados into a bowl and drizzle with the juice of half a lemon.
- Mash the avocados to your preferred texture – I like mine chunky.
- Place in a zip tight freezer safe bag, remove the air and you’re done!
bonus tip: You can divide the bag into sections for freezing easy portions, but I use a whole gallon size bag each time so I just lay it flat, fold it in half and place it in the freezer.