¼ cup butter, softened
⅓ cup light corn syrup
3 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
1 2 tsp peppermint extract or mint extract OR any other extract you want
food coloring - preferably gel or paste
½ cup granulated sugar (to roll balls in)
1. Combine butter and corn syrup together in a small bowl.
2. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and your choice of extract and mix until well combined. Add extract ½
teaspoon at a time until the mixture reaches your desired flavor.
3. Stir in an additional cup of powdered sugar.
4. Turn bowl onto a cutting board sprinkled with another half a cup of powdered sugar.
5. Knead the mixture until sugar is absorbed and is completely smooth, adding additional powdered sugar if
6. Divide dough into three portions.
7. Tint one portion red with the red food color/gel and one green. Leave one portion white.
8. Shape into ¾ inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.
9. Flatten gently with a fork.
10. Let candies stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 day.
11. Store in an airtight container.