- 1 pound chicken livers, gizzards or boneless thigh meat
- ½ cup dark soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cut chicken into one-inch pieces and place in a shallow dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce or tamari, mirin, sake or sherry, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Bring to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes, until thickened. Reserve 2 tablespoons sauce for serving. Pour remaining sauce over chicken, cover, and chill for at least one hour (and up to 4 hours).
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak them in water for one hour. Preheat grill or broiler. Thread chicken pieces onto skewers, and grill or broil, turning halfway, for about 3 minutes for livers, 10 minutes for gizzards and 6 minutes for thighs. Serve drizzled with reserved sauce and garnished with scallions.
personal chefs and event catering
Miami + Miami Beach + Fort Lauderdale + Palm Beach
email@example.com | 954-367-YADA (9232)