1. Wipe down an 8lb. pumpkin with a wet paper towel. Evenly slice off the top quarter.
2. Scoop out innards
3. Replace the pumpkin top and bake on a foil-lined pan for about one hour at 375 degrees F.
4. Once your pumpkin is slightly cooled, remove flesh from the walls only. Leave at least ½ inch for stability.
5. Cube pumpkin flesh.
6. Combine in slow-cooker with 3 cans of low-sodium chicken broth for 4 hours.
7. Add 3 cups of milk, 1 cup chopped bacon, 2 Tablespoons sugar, 1.5 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, and 1 teaspoon each: black pepper, curry powder, and salt. Blend with a hand-mixer.
8. Place pumpkin shell in a casserole dish. Pour in soup. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
8. Garnish with bay leaves and roasted pumpkin seeds.