While zucchini is great in the summer, I easily get burned out after a few weeks. This desperation lead to a great discovery: zucchini disappears in spaghetti sauce. Yes, you read that right.
Zucchini disappears in spaghetti sauce.
When zucchini is finely shredded, it will almost “melt” into a cooking sauce – particularly a tomato sauce. The key is to shred it finely, using either a box grater or a food processor.
We discovered this beautiful secret while on a challenge to up our veggie intake. But the principle applies to more than just pasta sauce!
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE 6 USES:
- Add 1-1.5 cups to spaghetti sauce.
- Add 1 cup to the cheese mixture in lasagna (or to the sauce itself).
- Add 1/2 cup to ground beef, like when making “cheeseburger helper”.
- Add two tablespoons to a smoothie.
- Add 1-1.5 cups to chili – including white chicken chili.
- Add 1/2 cup to stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbage rolls, and other similar dishes.
If you notice, I use shredded zucchini in small amounts – sometimes as little as a few tablespoons! Which leads to a problem… how do you save time using shredded zucchini when you only use a small amount?
private chefs and event catering
Palm Beach + Boca Raton + Fort Lauderdale + Miami Beach
email@example.com | 954-367-YADA (9232)
south florida catering and personal chefs