- 1box (18.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box for cakelike brownies
- 6cups (1.5 quarts) strawberry ice cream, softened
- 6egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1/2teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make brownie batter as directed on box for cakelike brownies. Spread in pan.
- 2Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool 1 hour.
- 3Evenly spread softened strawberry ice cream on top of cooled brownie. Place in freezer while making meringue.
- 4In medium glass or metal bowl, stir egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and vanilla with whisk until blended. Set over pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally with whisk, 16 to 20 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and egg mixture reaches 160°F. Pour into large bowl; beat with electric mixer on high speed 8 to 10 minutes or until stiff glossy peaks form. Use small icing spatula to swirl meringue over top of ice cream layer. Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 5Heat oven to 500°F. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until meringue peaks start to turn golden brown. Cut into 5 rows by 3 rows. Store covered in freezer.
private chefs and event catering
Palm Beach + Boca Raton + Fort Lauderdale + Miami Beach
firstname.lastname@example.org | 954-367-YADA (9232)
south florida catering and personal chefs