For those hot summer nights, why not have a bowl of "soup"
6 Cups Watermelon
1 Serrano Pepper, minced
¼ Cup Parsley, finely chopped
¼ Cup Basil, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1. Carefully cut your watermelon in half.
2. Cut the watermelon half into layers and then cube it.
3. Measure out six cups and purée it. Reserve the remaining cubes for garnish or just to snack on, because who doesn’t love watermelon? Yum!
4. Slice the bottom off each tomato.
5. Making “C” cuts into the tomato. The key here is to cut off the flesh and to avoid the seed membrane.
6. Purée the tomatoes in the food processor.
7. Peel the cucumber and cut away the seeds with a knife, very carefully.
8. Purée the cucumber. Remember, food processors work best when the pieces are evenly cut.
9. In a large mixing bowl, add together the puréed tomatoes, cucumber and watermelon.
10. Put the tomato-cucumber-watermelon
11. Add the parsley, basil, serrano pepper, sugar and lime. Salt to taste. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
12. To serve, place some of the remaining watermelon chunks in a shallow bowl and fill with gazpacho. You want the chunks to still be visible. Look how pretty it is! Almost too pretty to eat.
13. Oh, I said almost. Finish with some fresh mint leaves.
personal chefs and event catering
Miami + Miami Beach + Fort Lauderdale + Palm Beach