It is tough to find good snacks for kids in this day and age of highly processed, fast foods. Here are some healthy ideas for snacks...all organic of course.
These ideas are great for adults too! Need a little extra boost at the office between meetings and meals? Here are a few solutions.
- Apple Slices and Peanut Butter (try adding a bit of organic maple syrup to the peanut butter and microwaving for an extra special treat)
- Fruit Slices and Soy Cream Cheese (a tub of vegan soy cream cheese (at room temperature) with 1/4 cup undiluted apple juice or orange juice concentrate and a dash of cinnamon. Stir vigorously until smooth. Serve with apple and pear slices, strawberries, and banana chunks for dipping.
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins
- Tortilla Chips sprinkled with Cheese (or cheese alternative)
- Fruit Skewers (simply cut any fresh fruit in season into bite-sized chunks and alternate on wooden or bamboo skewers with grapes)
- Dried fruits (such as organic raisins, dates, apricots)
- Crackers and Cheese
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Ants on a Log (celery or cream cheese with peanut butter and raisins)
- Carrots, Celery, and Pita Triangles with Hummus Dipping Sauce
- Banana Pops (dip in yogurt, roll in crushed grains, and freeze)
- Frozen Grapes
- Yogurt Cups or Smoothies
- Dehydrated Veggies
- A Box of Raisins
- A Bowl of Mixed, Raw Nuts